May 5, 2011

Moving, Again!

Admittedly, I haven't been very good at keeping up my blog. This trend will likely continue the next month and a half. We're moving again, only this time, it's just down the road. Our new house is almost built (after living in a 170 year old farm house for a dozen years, and six months a a pint-sized rental, I'm very excited to have a brand-spanking-new house!) 

Our move is set for the beginning of next month. In some ways this move will be so much easier. We already know the area, the ride will only take ten minutes (instead of 17 hours), and I don't have to get a new drivers licenses or library card. But I still have to change over all the utilities. We're in a new school zone, so there's extra paperwork for that, and there is still the hassle of having to coordinate everything (moving truck, movers, PODS delivery, closing, cable installation; the list goes on and on). 

So once again, I will be homeschooling while I'm packing. Combining trips to the library with trips to pick up boxes. Packing dishes while Casia and I discuss her reading assignment. Making endless phone calls for a change of address while supervising Casia's online math curriculum. And the one aspect that actually makes this move more complicated than the last is that we are trying to continue the kids activities while we are moving. In December, Casia took a lot of time off from school. For a week, all activities ceased and the whole family focused on this one ginormous family task. This time, Jacob is coaching both Garrett's t-ball and Casia's softball. We actually had to schedule the truck rental pick-up around a game and a practice. Garrett is attending school, so I will be juggling the closing, installation appointments and being at the bus stop on time. Jacob is taking only one day off and I am continuing to homeschool Casia even through the week of moving, though I will be forced to abandon it that last day because everything has to be packed. I anticipate another whirlwind month!

No comments:

Post a Comment