March 28, 2012

Math-athon

I wrote last week about Casia nearing the end of her geometry course. She has been making fast progress, but was slowed down a little this week because she had an assessment from the online coursework which took most of Monday's math class and she has a weekly quiz on Tuesdays from me. 

Just now, I've been working on some planning and she has been instant messaging me through skype keeping me informed as to how many more topics she has to cover. She started at eleven when math began this morning and after she let me know there were only seven more to go, I told her to just let me know how many she has left at the end of math class. That's when she wrote me, "Zero is when I stop."

I laughed and told her she can't do math all day and I immediately heard protests; she questioning why, and Jacob, sitting next to me asking, "Isn't that a benefit of homeschooling?" I was quickly overruled, and so she continues. Today she is seeing the finish line and is determined not to stop until she gets there. I think she will finish before lunch. She is down to four as I finish typing this. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that -is- one of the benefits of homeschooling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And, definitely a benefit of homeschooling!!

    ReplyDelete